|Occupation||High School Student|
|Relations||Ebina Kouichiro (Brother)
Ebina Nene (Mother)
|Anime||Umaru and Onii-chan|
|Japanese voice||Akari Kageyama|
|English voice||Sara Ornelas|
AppearanceEditEbina is typically seen wearing skirts, blouses, and other modern clothes worn by a teenage girl. She is also seen wearing her school uniform which consists of a white blouse, a red skirt, and a red bow which she pairs with socks pulled up to her calves and brown shoes. Ebina often appears red in the face, along with steam rising on top of her head, as she is very shy. She has cherry brown hair kept loosely in pig tails with red and white striped ties, like little shrimps ('ebi'). Ebina has timid, light brown eyes.
Ebina is a girl who lacks self confidence and is very shy in nature and sometimes stammers when talking to Taihei or other small groups of friends. She really likes food and often is seen daydreaming about it. She often gets noticed for her bigger bust size and causes her to become self-conscious and flustered. However, despite her lack of self confidence she is a very optimistic girl.
Ebina moved to Tokyo from Akita which is the North of Japan and usually has an old-fashion way of speaking which gives her a bit of an accent. She is also used to cold weather.
Ebina is a classmate and the best friend of Umaru and lives directly below her and Taihei. She one day visited her at her house and upon being introduced to Taihei, she noticed him looking at her eyes rather than her chest, which gave her the impression of him being a kind man, therefore, she developed a crush on him ever since that incident and often gets flustered while talking to him.
She is usually compared to Umaru and Slyphie in terms of sport such as failing to bounce a ball on a tennis racket and sinking the moment she steps into a swimming pool.
- As aforementioned, Ebina may like Taihei due to him being the first person to look at her in the eyes.
- Ebina made chocolate for Taihei in episode 9, but ate it after finding out that Taihei is not very fond of chocolates.
- Her lack of self-confidence is the result of her constantly failing miserably in school and in sports.
- As a result of her being voted the series' most popular character (apparently due to her level of cuteness and optimism), she now has her own spin-off manga, "Akita Imokko! Ebina-chan" (Akita Native Little Sister! Ebina-chan)".
- In chapter 10 of the spin-off manga, Nana confesses her love for Taihei, 3 years after she moved to Tokyo.